Registration & Immunizations

Whether your child is just beginning TK/kindergarten or you’re new to our district, we welcome you to our school family. Here’s everything you need to know about registering a new student at Hope Elementary School.

Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten

Your child must be five years old on or before September 1 of the current school term to enroll in public school. Children who turn five years old between September 2 and December 2 of the current school term may enroll in transitional kindergarten.

Required Documentation

  • Certified copy of birth certificate
  • Immunization records
  • Proof of residency—we will accept a combination of any of the following documents:
    • Property tax payment receipts
    • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
    • Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipts
    • Pay stubs
    • Voter registration
    • Correspondence from a government agency

Oral Health Assessment

California law requires that your child have an oral health assessment by May 31 in kindergarten or first grade, whichever is his or her first year of public school. Oral health assessments completed within 12 months prior to your child entering school also fulfill this requirement. A licensed dentist or other registered dental health professional must complete the assessment. If you cannot take your child for an assessment, you may be excused from this requirement by completing a waiver. Please contact us for more information.